Welcome to my blog!

Hey there! My name is Leanna. I am a Christian, college student, and piano student and teacher. I also have Type 1 diabetes. I have a wonderful family and my friends mean alot to me! Please check out my blog and I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Medtronic 530G with Enlite has been APPROVED! :)


   Hey guys! I haven't posted anything here in a long time but due to some new stuff I hope to start posting regularly. I just found out today that I was approved for the Medtronic 530G with Enlite system and I'm really excited (and nervous)! I have been a Medtronic Paradigm pumper for 4.5 years and have been very happy with my experience. This will, however, be my first experience with a CGM, aka, Continuous Glucose Monitor, and I'm excited about the possibilities of how it could help me. I'll readily admit that I am also rather nervous about the unknown of this new system!

    While making the decision to try this system, I was somewhat surprised by the lack of user stories I could find out there. I believe this is largely due to the fact that this is a pretty new pump/cgm, so I decided I want to share my experience as I start it. I hope to post about weekly (maybe more) about how its going so that I can hopefully share insightful information to those interested.

   Final thoughts, my pump should be shipping anytime now and I should be hearing from my local trainer in 5 to 10 days. March the 6th is my 6 year diabetes anniversary so this couldn't come at a more perfect time :)

Until later,

Leanna

No comments:

Post a Comment