Welcome to my blog!

Hey there! My name is Leanna. I am a Christian, college student, and piano student and teacher. I also have Type 1 diabetes. I have a wonderful family and my friends mean alot to me! Please check out my blog and I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, December 14, 2012

My new Diabetes supply case.

    Hey everyone! This post is to review the small Vera Bradley Cosmetic bag I got today. I got a great deal on it on Ebay. I only gave $12.59 for it and they retail at $22.00 so I was thrilled with the deal I got! It is brand new for that price, not used. Most people who read this review will have come here knowing I'm diabetic as they know me on Twitter but for those of you who randomly find this be advised that I'll be reviewing it as in how it will work for carrying all the things we diabetics carry all the time, not how it works for makeup and etc.
   I am not a person who uses the black cases that blood testers come in for two reasons. 1: They don't hold everything we need and 2 they are really ugly and plain. I'm a girly girl who likes pretty things and my most common type of case is small makeup/cosmetic cases. If you look at another recent post on here you'll see that a few months ago I bought a polka dot case to add to my collection and I have used it a lot. Its big enough for my testing supplies and a quick sugar source. I do, however, like the idea of having a case that is big enough to hold all the supplies I need to carry in one place so it can be moved from bag to bag and keep it easier to keep track of everything. I think it is a very good idea to carry an extra pump site and reservoir (for pump users) but I have not regularly done it in the past.
   I have already different times eyed the Vera Bradley cosmetic bags. Not only are they cute but they have a plastic lining which for some like me who tosses used test strips in is a pretty cool feature. My cosmetic cases usually get dotted with blood on the inside! Another cool feature is the loop they have on the end of the case to carry it by. I often go to my brother's (who's my next door neighbor) basement to workout and usually just take a small case with my supplies instead of a big bag and this case will be easy to grab and go with.
   I opened the package when it came today and it didn't look as big as I'd pictured it. I was afraid for a bit that next it wouldn't hold as much as I'd hoped it would. Turns out I was wrong cause it will! Thought it would be good to give a list of what its holding and some pictures as the main part of my review so you other girly diabetics can know if this type of bag would work for you! Here is the list of things I have in it and they fit nicely.
 
My Glucagon Emergency shot
A 4 pack of peanut butter crackers
A pump Reservoir
A pump site
Some lancets
A pump battery
A few alcohol wipes
2 Glucose quick sticks
My tester (accucheck aviva)
A can of test strips
My lancet (accucheck softclix)

So yeah, for a little bag that measures 7x4 inches thats a nice amount of stuff and really everything a diabetic needs to have along regularly or at least everything I feel I need with me. Below are some pictures I took of it. I'm excited to use it and hope some fellow diabetics find this helpful!

The handy loop on the end. 


Everything I carry and everything that fits in the bag.
All my supplies :)

Let me know what bag you use to carry your supplies :)

Leanna

             

         



6 comments:

  1. I love seeing what's in people's diabetes bags. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! Yeah i love seeing other peoples too :)

      Delete
  2. I use the same bag in the Deco Daisy print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I love this bag. So far the best I've used :)

      Delete
  3. I like this idea! I like the idea of packing an extra site and reservoir, but wouldn't you need an inserter and some insulin too to be able to take advantage of these? An extra sensor might be nice too, but then you'd need yet another inserter! A fancy makeup bag is way cuter than the black Medtronic bag I'm using now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I don't use an inserter for my sites so thats not a problem :) I just put them in by hand. Also as of now I'm not on a cgm so I don't have that problem.

      I love using pretty bags instead of black "diabetes" bags :)

      Delete